Are you a Massage Therapist, Yoga teacher, Kinesiologist, energy worker or fitness specialist with a desire to deepen your practice and enhance the results you can achieve for your clients?
Or do you want to better understand your own body and learn effective tools for wellbeing?
Fascia is the body’s connective tissue. It is interwoven through every muscle, nerve, blood vessel and organ. When fascia is tight and distorted, it affects every part of the body.
Understanding fascia and the dynamic effect it has on mind and body opens up a whole new way of seeing and feeling.
This intensive, experiential, one-day workshop will help you identify, treat and release fascia, empowering you to
- facilitate movement much more effectively
- get more from your body in exercise or in stretching
- allow your understanding and inutution to better connect with your own body and others
- explore a different approach to overcoming pain and restrictions
- increase strength, flexibility, range of motion and emotional equilibrium
Core elements of the workshop will include:
- The science and principles of what fascia is, how it works, and how to access it in the body
- Exploring the dynamic effects of fascia—how fascia connects the entire body system, and why the old way of understanding anatomy and the body is incomplete
- Hands-on methods for the self-release of fascia
- How to identify and work with fascia during movement sequences like Yoga, Pilates and other modalities
- Energy-based methods for releasing fascia using mind and intention, and the science behind the fascia/emotion connection
The workshop will also include a group movement session and a Sound Bath meditation, allowing us to collectively tune into how fascia responds to changes in sound frequency.
Please wear comfortable clothing.
A vegetarian lunch is included, and a workshop manual for reference and later study.
Date: Saturday, November 17th, 10am-5pm
Location: Energy in Motion Studio, 133 Old Mill Road, Island View
Completion of the workshop will give participants level 1 Energy in Motion Myofascial Release certification (a prerequisite for Level 2 Going in Deep with Fascia).
Teacher: Lee Miller
Lee has over 17 years’ experience in bodywork and movement therapy and is trained as a Sports Rehabilitation Therapist, Kinesiologist, and Classical Pilates Instructor.
For the past eight years, I have integrated my understanding of fascia both energetically and physically, into all my modalities of work, including Pilates, Kinesiology, and energetic body work. My unique approach to working with fascia has allowed me to facilitate deeper healing for my clients and myself. I look forward to bringing this profound healing modality to therapists and body workers in New Brunswick.